- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 bag 11.5 oz dark chocolate
- Add water, sugar, and cream to a non reactive pot.
- Place chocolate chunks or chips in a separate bowl.
- Bring milk mixture to scald over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar (just below boiling point when cream begins to climb the edges of the pot).
- Immediately pour hot cream mixture over chocolate and let it melt.
- In 10 minutes or so whisk melted chocolate mixture to combine until smooth.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 jar Heidi’s Raspberry Jam
- In a clean bowl with a whisk or stand mixer slowly whisk cold cream and sugar until foamy.
- Increase speed and continue to whisk until stiff peaks.
- Add 1 cup chilled chocolate mixture and continue to whisk until stiff peaks (be careful that you do not make butter and your mousse becomes grainy).
- Dollop alternating layers of mousse, chocolate sauce, and your favorite flavor of Heidi’s Raspberry Jam in layers into a nice vessel of your choice.