This lovely recipe was crafted and photographed for us by Bebe Carminito aka ChampagneandCookies on Instagram.
“I love summer cocktails! Refreshing, effervescent fruity beverages that are low-ABV. In this one, I use Heidi’s Raspberry Lavender Jam, Lillet Rouge and Tonic water. As an option, you can also add a little sparkling wine or replace the tonic altogether using any sparkling beverage of your choice. Heidi’s Jam is lower in sugar using about 1/3 the amount that other jams have and also uses only certified organic ingredients including raspberries, strawberries, sugar, ginger, red chile, lavender, natural fruit pectin, and cane sugar. In this recipe, I use their Raspberry Lavender Jam which is perfect for a summertime sipper. When I first saw this jam at my local grocer and realized it was made in New Mexico, I immediately became a fan. I grew up in Albuquerque where the jam is made so it was a match in heaven! I hope you enjoy it!”
What you will need
- Cocktail shaker or jar with a tight fitting lid
- Small mesh cocktail strainer
- Rocks glass
- Skewer for garnish (optional)
- Ice for shaker and glass
- 1 1/2 Ounces Heidi’s Raspberry Lavender Jam
- 1 1/2 Ounces Lillet Rouge
- Tonic water or sparkling wine
- Raspberries and culinary lavender sprigs for garnish
- In the shaker add jam and Lillet Rouge with ice and shake vigorously for about a minute.
- Using a small mesh cocktail strainer, strain into glass with a large ice cube.
- Top with Tonic water or sparkling wine.
- Stir gently with a swizzle stick or a straw.
- Garnish with a skewer of raspberries and a few sprigs of culinary lavender. (Optional)