Either buy your favorite freezer dough at the store or make as follows
- 2c +2TBS flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS sugar
- 8 oz. Butter diced into cubes and chilled in freezer
- 6 to 8 TBS ice water
- 1 jar of Heidi’s Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 TBS cream
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients in food processor
- Add chilled butter and pulse until butter is in pea sized chunks. Do not over mix
- Add 6 Tbs ice water and quickly pulse to combine. Adjust with additional water as needed. Dough should just come together and have small pieces of butter visible. Divide dough into 2 flattened disks, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for a minimum 1 hour.
- This can be done the day before.
- Dust counter with flour
- Roll dough sheets out into rectangles ( x) and cut to shape
- Each half will make 6 large rectangles for 6 tarts total
- Place about 3 spoonfuls of Heidi’s Strawberry Jam in the center of each rectangle keeping the edges clean.
- Place another dough on top and begin to seal the edges very well. If the dough is dry, a little water will help.
- After sealing use a fork to press all edges to seal and poke a few holes on the top to allow steam and trapped air to escape.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Egg wash top of tarts and place in preheated oven
- Bake at 375 to 400 ° for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. While baking, make icing, drizzle over warm pastries and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.